APX Careers and Job Vacancies
There is Work and there is Ambition at APX Hotels Apartments. We believe in a work culture that fulfills your ambition. APX Careers open the door for professional growth and development, get great job benefits and learn from the best in the industry.
A great opportunity awaits you at APX Hotels Apartments. If you are a passionate, driven and hands on with solid and stable experience in front office and operations, you will find this role to be suitably challenging as well as exciting.
Can you look at complex front office operations, find the patterns, and figure out ways to simplify? Are you a hands-on detail freak, driven to learn every element of your front office operations down to the lowest level of detail? Do you love seeing your customers happy with the service they receive?
If you prefer driving change to “driving the bus”, this is the place to fast-track your career in Front office operations. You will deliver instant impact, executing hands-on operational transformations across our constantly changing hospitality eco system.
APX is looking for a Senior Guest Service Agent with a proven track record in hospitality industry with the key goal of ensuring guests are always the top priority.
As the Senior Guest Services Agent, you will have a strong focus on leading your team to provide the best possible guest service while upholding company policies and procedures. You will lead by example in delivering a unique guest experience.
As the Hotel Senior Guest Services Agent, you must:
- Assist the Group Operations Manager in day to day operation of the hotel and act in their absence to lead the hotel
- Lead by example to maintain excellent customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to interact with guests and team members
- Provide training for team members and monitor their on-going performance
- Have minimum 2 years of hospitality experience in a leadership role
- Have excellent computer skills including common business software such as MS office and worked with hotel property management systems
- Consistently display a “can do” attitude to resolve problems and suggest relevant solutions.
This position will develop you further as a leader and you will become a part of a cohesive team with the sole focus of making guests our No. 1 priority. If you believe you are the right person for this role we would love to hear from you right now.
If interested, please forward your resume with two (2) work referees to our Group Human Resource Coordinator.
*Permanent residents only need apply.
Anyone who is hardworking and motivated and can start work immediately should immediately grab this opportunity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures
- Cleaning and sanitising toilets, showers/bathtubs, countertops, and sinks
- Maintaining a clean and sanitary kitchen area
- Making beds and changing linens
- Washing windows
- Vacuuming and cleaning carpets and rugs
- Sweeping/vacuuming, polishing, and mopping hard floors
- Sorting, washing, loading, and unloading laundry
- Ironing clothing items
- Using any cleaning equipment such as vacuums, mops, and other cleaning tools
- Keeping bathrooms stocked with clean linens, toiletries, and other supplies
- Cleaning mirrors and other glass surfaces
- Emptying trash receptacles and disposing of waste
- Steaming and cleaning draperies
- Washing blinds
- Tidying up rooms
- Monitoring cleaning supplies and ordering more as needed
- Reporting any necessary repairs or replacements.
The Guest Service Agents generally work at the front desk and assist the guests with their needs. He/She maintains a thorough knowledge of all hotel facilities. Completes check-in and check-out procedures and adheres to hotel standards. And attends to guests’ requests quickly and efficiently. Visit the Job application form.
The Housekeeping Supervisor is the lead housekeeper of the hotel. He/She oversees all housekeeping duties within the hotel. Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service and take corrective action. And assigns room attendants their duties and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness. Visit the Job application form.
The Handyperson handles or oversee the day-to-day maintenance of the hotel. He is responsible for a variety of tasks related to maintaining and improving hotel facilities. These includes painting, managing maintenance repairs and attends to maintenance requests.
Objective of this Role
- With a primary responsibility of supporting the CEO, provide support to the executive team as directed to ensure that company goals and objectives are accomplished, and operations run efficiently.
- Maintain and refine internal processes that support the highest-ranking executive’s company-wide, coordinating internal and external resources to expedite workflow.
- Manage communication between upper management and employees, liaising with internal and external executives on various projects and tasks.
- Human resource duties, including shortlisting, interviewing, and clerical hiring duties also critical to this role, and Human Resource experience is essential for this role.
- Plan and orchestrate work to ensure the senior executives’ priorities are met, organizational goals are achieved, and best practices are upheld.
- Manage professional and personal scheduling for CEO, including agendas, mail, email, calls, travel arrangements, client management, and other company logistics
- Coordinate complex scheduling and extensive calendar management, as well as management of content and flow of information to senior executives
- Manage, coordinate, and arrange senior executives’ travel and travel-related activities, including hotel booking, transportation, and meal coordination
- Perform administrative and office support, such as typing, dictation, spreadsheet creation, faxing, and maintenance of filing system and contact database
- Maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality with all materials, and exercise discretion when interfacing with the business
- Organize team communications and plan events, both internally and offsite
- HR-related tasks
- 4 years of experience in an administrative role reporting directly to upper management
- Superb and confident written and verbal communication skills and presentation
- Accurately take meeting minutes at long high-level meetings
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects at once
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other office productivity tools, with the aptitude to learn new software and systems
- Flexible team player willing to do what it takes to get the job done; adaptable and enjoys a challenge
- Ability to keep company confidence
- Experience overseeing budgets and expenses
- Experience developing internal processes and filing systems
- HR-related experience will be a huge bonus
The key characteristics of the position are listed below.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication and the ability to communicate at all levels within the company and with external parties.
- Must have their own IT setup at home with hi speed internet and quiet home office setup. IT requirements will be advised at a later stage if the applicant is successful.
- Must have a proven track record in project and day to day operations coordination experience using project management tools.
- Must have excellent computer software skills to assist in the position.
- Must have University degree in a related field. Hotel experience would be a definitive advantage, however, the key skills relate to project and operations management and coordination.
- Procurement experience and negotiating skills would also be an advantage.
- Can-do work attitude with excellent problem-solving skills to work independently and remotely.
- Must be able to work in a team to ensure the job gets done promptly and efficiently.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Extensive administrative skills.
- Must have knowledge of building maintenance/construction industry.
- Ability to prioritize tasks based on urgency.
- Must be willing to work weekends if needed.
We are located in the Heart of Sydney Australia.